The Slayer Helmet is a helmet that combines several pieces of slayer gear in order to create a more versatile helmet. You can learn the secrets of creating it after unlocking it for 400 slayer points. The helmet requires 35 Slayer to equip as well as 55 Crafting to create it. While worn the Slayer Helmet will provide the special effects of all the items required to create it. Masked Earmuffs will not work when crafting the Slayer Helmet they must first be disassembled.
|Slayer Helmet Grand Exchange Cost|
|Item||Grand Exchange Price|
Assembling the HelmetEdit
|Task Length||Default Points||Bonus Points||Fewest Tasks Needed|
After unlocking the ability to make the helmet, a message appears in the chat window stating: The secret is yours. You can now combine a black mask, face mask, spiny helm, nosepeg and earmuffs into one useful item.
The items used to make the slayer helmet are:
- An uncharged or charged Black Mask, which gives a 12.5% Melee damage boost and 12.5% Melee accuracy bonus against the player's current slayer assignment.
- A pair of Earmuffs, which deafens the screams of banshees.
- A Face Mask, which allows the player to breathe in smoky dungeons.
- A Nose Peg, which blocks the aberrant spectres' stench.
- A Spiny Helmet, which protects the player from wall beasts when traversing the Lumbridge Swamp Caves.
All of the aforementioned items are required to craft the helmet, as well as a Crafting level of 55. The helmet keeps all the effects of the used items, but includes better stats making it one of the most optimal slayer helmets available. To create the helmet simply use one of the items on another one of the items with all the items in your inventory.
Once the Slayer Helmet has been constructed you can then continue to create the Full Slayer Helmet which requires a Slayer Helmet, Hexcrest, and a Focus Sight. These items are dropped by the Jungle Strykewyrm (73 Slayer) and the Desert Strykewyrm (77 Slayer) respectively. Similarly to the Black Mask, these two items improve magic and range by 12.5% during slayer tasks.